In the aftermath of the attempted Christmas Day bombing of an airliner by radical Islamist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, Rachel Maddow alerted her audience to the REAL security threat facing the United States.
Guess which of the following concerned Rachel:
- That the TSA is still not using intelligent profiling techniques that have kept Israeli flights terrorist-free for decades?
- That Abdulmutallab was brought a lawyer by the Feds while he was still in his hospital bed—better treatment than a white collar criminal– and not subject to military or intelligence-style questioning while vital information might still be obtained?
- That Congressman Peter Hoekstra, the biggest thorn in the side of ACLU and pre-9/11 mentality liberals– who is running for Governor of Michigan– brought up this incident in a fundraising letter to supporters?
If you chose anything but number 3, then you don’t know Rachel.
The reaction of the Left to the Christmas bomber crystallizes once again something that has been true since at least the 1950s—liberals rarely think fighting any foreign threat, no matter how deadly, repressive, or expansionist they may be, is as important as defeating the world’s real evil obstacle to progress and utopia– Republicans!
Maddow deceptively read the “please send your contribution” parts of Hoekstra’s fundraising letter one after the other, as though there was almost nothing else in it. One had to read the screen to see the “…” separating the sections.
Look, if you think the “making sausage” metaphor applies to lawmaking, fundraising is sausage making squared. It isn’t pretty for anyone, and Hoekstra is running for governor in Michigan, a large expensive state to run a campaign in.
But smarmy Maddow wasn’t done with the cheap shots. She further accused Hoekstra of being a security leak because he exposed, in the wake of the Ft. Hood shootings, that the CIA had been reading Dr. Hasan’s emails to a radical Yemeni cleric—and done nothing about it.
As in the Plame/Wilson affair, the Left is outraged, OUTRAGED, when Republicans expose how liberals are corrupting the gathering of intelligence. THAT is something that should stay a national secret!
However, later in the show, Rachel hypocritically fell all over NBC’s Richard Engel, gushing over his exposing a report only meant for the eyes of Generals David Petraeus and Stanley McChrystal about the readiness of the Afghan Army– and how this effects the timeline President Obama set forth.
“This report is not meant for distribution,” both Engel and Maddow made clear more than once.
So, Pete Hoekstra exposing how political correctness is killing U.S. troops and endangering American lives? BAD. NBC News broadcasting internal U.S. military assessments and giving the enemy intelligence on both how our effort is proceeding and what U.S. commanders are thinking? GOOD.
That only makes sense when you realize the Left only has one enemy it is serious about defeating. And it isn’t foreign, it’s domestic.
- Rachel Maddow can see a Talk Radio Show From Her House
- MSNBC: Rachel Maddow Demonizes Ned Flanders
- A Spoonful of Saccharine: Rachel Maddow Fails to Understand a Little Thing Called Context