- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -
A biography of Maj. Nidal M. Hasan – washingtonpost.com
Posted By MB Snow On November 6, 2009 @ 1:13 am In Uncategorized | Comments Disabled
Friday, November 6, 2009
Maj. Nidal M. Hasan
– 39 years old.
– U.S. Army psychiatrist.
– 1997 graduate of Virginia Tech University.
– Received doctorate in psychiatry from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda.
– From 2003 through this summer, was an intern, a resident and then a fellow at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in the District.
– Army records show his last address in the 11300 block of Connecticut Avenue in Kensington.
– Commissioned as a captain, he was promoted to major in May.
– He is single and has no children, and he showed no sign of physical or mental problems in examinations as recently as September.
– He is listed by the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress as a fellow for disaster and preventive psychology.
– As of Oct. 13, he had less than a year of clinical practice.
– He attended the Muslim Community Center in Silver Spring and is devout, according to Faizul Khan, former imam at the center. He attended prayers at least once a day, seven days a week, often in his Army fatigues, Khan said.
SOURCE: Army records
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2009/mb-snow/a-biography-of-maj-nidal-m-hasan-%e2%80%93-washingtonpost-com/
Copyright © 2009 FrontPage Magazine. All rights reserved.