In order to get the full effect of this post, you’ll need to download this mp3 and have it playing in the background. Come on – do it. It only takes a couple of minutes. As soon as the music starts playing, continue reading the post below.
According to the Associated Press, unemployment rose from 9.7 to 9.9% as a result of a strengthening economy.
The economy got what it needed in April: A burst of hiring that added a net 290,000 jobs, the biggest monthly total in four years. It showed employers are gaining confidence as the recovery takes deeper root.
But people who had given up on finding jobs are gaining confidence, too, and are now looking for work. That’s why the unemployment rate rose from 9.7 percent to 9.9 percent and will likely go higher.
Unemployment edges near 10% after we have pumped hundreds of billions of dollars (money that we did not have, by the way) into the economy, an act that was supposed to keep unemplyment from topping 8%, but don’t worry – the AP reports that Happy Days Are Here Again! Rising unemployment is a good thing, don’t you know?
It doesn’t bother me that the AP and the rest of the establishment media are shills for the Obama Administration in particular and the Democratic Party in general. That’s not revelatory. What bothers me is that they think we’re as dumb as a box of rocks. They really think we’re stupid.
Mark Levin devoted his entire opening monologue this past Friday to this contralogical statist propoganda put out by the AP and others that rising unemployment is a good thing, in the face of:
- massive national debt imposed on us by the Obama administration
- the impending collapse of the Euro with Greece as the proverbal canary in the coal mine
- looming oppressive taxation to support the most massive entitlement (Obamacare) in American history
- inevitablity of some form of cap-and-tax scheme to smother the last vestiges of free market capitalism in this country
- instability of the stock market, as evidenced by the DOW’s recent 1,000 point plunge last week
- government takeover of the world’s largest auto maker
- government takeover of student loans
- government takeover of the home mortgage market
- government takeover of the financial markets
…and on and on and on. Statists are trying to convince us that down is up, loss is gain, and bad is good. It’s almost as though they believe words have a magical power all their own, that all one needs to do is say that such-and-such is, and -voila! – it happens. All Obama has to do is say that rising unemployment is a good thing, and – voila! – it is. It’s George Orwell’s famous Newspeak, but then not in a book (or film) but in reality.
Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let’s sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again!