- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -
Hiroshima and Detroit: The Damage Democrats Do to the Poor Lasts Longer Than a Nuclear Bomb
Posted By David Horowitz On July 9, 2012 @ 12:32 pm In David's Blog | 59 Comments
We all know that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed in August 1945 after the explosion of atomic bombs. However, we know little about the progress made by the people of that land during the past 65 years.
What has caused more long term destruction - the A-bomb, or Government welfare programs created to buy the votes of those who want someone to take care of them?
Japan does not have a welfare system. Work for it or do without.
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you’ll ever read and all applicable to this experiment:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2012/david-horowitz/call-it-hiroshima-and-detroit-the-damage-democrats-do-to-the-poor-lasts-longer-than-a-nuclear-bomb/
Copyright © 2009 FrontPage Magazine. All rights reserved.