- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -
Libya Now Officially More Dangerous than Iraq
Posted By Daniel Greenfield On September 13, 2012 @ 10:55 am In The Point | 1 Comment
“How could this happen in a country we helped liberate in a city we helped save from destruction?” Clinton said. “This question reflects just how complicated, and at times how confounding the world can be.”
At no time during all the years of terror in Iraq was an American ambassador ever killed there. The deaths of four Americans in Libya not only make them the first American casualties of Obama’s Libyan War, they show just how badly Obama and his allies bungled the planning of the aftermath of the overthrow of Gaddafi.
The Benghazi attack exposes the fake election trumpeted by the media for the scam that it was. Libya is not stable, the central government is unable to stop violence anywhere and the coalition exists only to pocket money from oil sales and foreign aid.
Benghazi, the city that Obama insisted we had to protect, has murdered four Americans, but that’s no surprise because the city has remained in a state of civil war even after the fall of Gaddafi. The media minimized reporting of ongoing violence in Benghazi and the rise of Islamists throughout Libya. The Obama Administration certainly knew that Benghazi was extremely unstable and dangerous and that the central government could not protect the US presence there, yet nevertheless embassy workers were exposed to lethal levels of danger.
Serious questions need to be asked of Obama about
1. The Administration’s failure to plan for a secure post-Gaddafi Libya
2. Why US personnel were exposed to unacceptable levels of risk in the absence of any real local security in a city with heavily armed insurgents
3. The Administration’s deceptiveness about the Libyan War, its refusal to run the Libyan War through Congress and its violation of the UN mandate that did not authorize an overthrow of Gaddafi.
4. Its current plans for stabilizing Libya beyond simply throwing money at the Libyan central government
5. Its plans for dealing with the spread of Jihadist fighters across the region in the wake of the Arab Spring
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/libya-now-officially-more-dangerous-than-iraq/
Copyright © 2009 FrontPage Magazine. All rights reserved.