- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -
Will Saddam’s WMDs Fall into the Hands of Al Qaeda?
Posted By Daniel Greenfield On December 9, 2012 @ 4:47 pm In The Point | 10 Comments
Probably one of the most despicable lies perpetrated by the Democratic Party was the claim that Saddam Hussein had no WMDs. It was a lie of political convenience by a party whose top politicians had asserted the exact opposite until it became more convenient for them to jump on a new bandwagon.
After all that there would be a certain historical irony if Saddam’s WMDs were indeed finally found, but by Islamist terrorists into whose hands they fell after almost a decade of liberal political malfeasance culminating in their irresponsible support for the Sunni side in the Syrian Civil War.
Let’s map what that would look like
1. The Democrats sabotaged the Iraq War by preventing any enforcement action against the Syrian origin of the suicide bombers and terror squads in the early days of the post-war period. Meanwhile Iraqi WMDs had been smuggled into Syria.
2. The Democrats took power and then backed an Arab Spring that put Syria into the crosshairs of the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda, exposing the WMDs to those terrorists.
3. Either the terrorists get their hands on the WMDs, in which case the likelihood of them being used on the US or Israel is very high.
4. Alternatively Syria turns them over to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard which ships them to Iran.
But back to the story …
As the regime of Bashar Assad disintegrates, the security of his chemical arsenal is in jeopardy. The No. 2 general in Saddam Hussein’s air force says they were the WMDs we didn’t find in Iraq.
In 2006, former Iraqi general Georges Sada, second in command of the Iraqi Air Force who served under Saddam Hussein before he defected, wrote a comprehensive book, “Saddam’s Secrets.”
It details how the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria in advance of the U.S.-led action to eliminate Hussein’s WMD threat.
As Sada told the New York Sun, two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, and special Republican Guard units loaded the planes with chemical weapons materials.
There were 56 flights disguised as a relief effort after a 2002 Syrian dam collapse.
There were also truck convoys into Syria. Sada’s comments came more than a month after Israel’s top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam “transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria.”
Just to add to the general cheerful tidings, there are claims, unverified,  that some WMDs were transferred to Hezbollah.
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/will-saddams-wmds-fall-into-the-hands-of-al-qaeda/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/will-saddams-wmds-fall-into-the-hands-of-al-qaeda/iraqi-information-minister/
 back to the story: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/071912-618875-syria-chemical-weapons-came-from-iraq-.htm
 there are claims, unverified,: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/defecting-syrian-officer-chemical-weapons-have-already-been-transferred-to-hezbollah/2012/12/09/
Copyright © 2015 FrontPage Magazine. All rights reserved.