- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -
If There’s Even One Life That Can Be Saved…
Posted By Daniel Greenfield On January 17, 2013 @ 11:34 am In The Point | 10 Comments
There are few things as cynical as attacking the Bill of Rights while using children as human shields. Obama’s repulsive exploitation of children and the families of the victims of Newtown has wrapped up, along with the expected assault on civil rights being perpetrated in their name.
“If there’s even one life that can be saved, then we’ve got an obligation to try,” Obama said.
Let’s take him at his word.
– While Obama has been working up to an attack on the Second Amendment, his administration gutted post 9/11 restrictions on Saudis traveling to the United States. If there’s even one life that can be saved, those restrictions should be restored.
– Profiling Middle Eastern men in airports. Obama is officially against it, but if it can save even one life, then Obama is obligated to try. It might violate their civil rights, but so do his proposed attacks on the 2nd Amendment.
– Ending illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants have much higher rates of criminal offenses. If even one life can be saved, the border must be secured and illegal aliens must be deported.
– Criminalizing gang membership. The RICO Act being applied to gangs has gone part of the way, but not all the way. And the majority of firearms deaths in the United States are gang related. Sure it might be unconstitutional, but that clearly doesn’t bother O, and a lot of lives can be saved that way. Hundreds if not thousands.
But while Obama seems eager to violate the civil rights of legal gun owners on the off chance that one life might be saved, he isn’t willing to do it to protect Americans from terrorism or gang violence.
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/if-theres-even-one-life-that-can-be-saved/
Copyright © 2009 FrontPage Magazine. All rights reserved.