- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -
Obama and Clinton Blocked Military Rescue Efforts in Benghazi
Posted By Daniel Greenfield On May 2, 2013 @ 10:02 pm In The Point | 88 Comments
As FOX News begin releasing more information, we are getting confirmation of some of what we suspected.
One of the big things is that the block on sending in a rescue force came from Obama and Clinton  who didn’t want to offend the new government of the country that they had been bombing for months. And lives were lost.
On the night of the Benghazi terror attack, special operations put out multiple calls for all available military and other assets to be moved into position to help — but the State Department and White House never gave the military permission to cross into Libya, sources told Fox News.
“They had no plan. They had no contingency plan for if this happens, and that’s the problem this is going to face in the future,” one source said. “They’re dealing with more hostile regions, hostile countries. This attack’s going to happen again.”
Under normal circumstances, authorities in Benghazi would have fallen under the chief of mission, one source said — the person in charge of security in the country who in this case was Stevens. But once Stevens was cornered and members of his security detail pushed his distress button, that authority would have been transferred to his deputy. However, that deputy was out of the country.
That meant the authority then reverted directly to the U.S. State Department, and oversight of the response to the attack that night fell to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Undersecretary of State Patrick Kennedy, who were calling the shots.
Sources said that shortly after the attack began around 9:40 p.m., special forces put out the calls for assets to be moved into position.
“What that does is that enacts … every asset, every element to respond and it becomes a global priority,” one source said. “I would tell you that was given and the only reason it was given is because of special operations pack.”
However, the source said, “Assets did not move.”
The failure of the State Department or White House to give the military permission to go into Libya, according to the source, only accentuates the significant breakdown in communication among the State Department, military, CIA and White House.
The source keeps claiming confusion, but I don’t think the issue was confusion. Benghazi didn’t lack protection because of money. As has been shown repeatedly, State was swimming in money that it was wasting on ridiculous projects, including art galleries, mosque renovations and green energy.
Instead Clinton decided to outsource protection to the local Muslim Brotherhood militias and keep American security forces to a minimum to avoid offending the locals. Military force was held up for the same reason. It’s the same reason that our national security is shot.
Not offending Muslims is the closest thing to a coherent theme that Obama’s foreign policy has. That was the theme that got Americans killed in Benghazi.
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/obama-and-clinton-blocked-military-rescue-efforts-in-benghazi/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/hillary-clinton-for-president.jpg
 the block on sending in a rescue force came from Obama and Clinton: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/02/special-ops-called-for-military-assets-to-move-into-position-during-libya/#ixzz2S9Jgo0Ok
Copyright © 2015 FrontPage Magazine. All rights reserved.