This is why ObamaCare works around elections and why Obama is proposing to postpone his Halloween health plan massacre to after the 2014 elections. Apparently if you screw people over, they’re less likely to vote for you.
For Mitt Romney, the 2012 election was held about a year too early. Romney would hold a slight lead on President Obama if the 2012 election were replayed today, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.
The poll of registered voters shows Romney at 49 percent and Obama at 45 percent in the rematch, a mirror image of Romney’s four-point (51-47) popular-vote loss in 2012.
Obama’s loss of support is spread across many demographics, but he has suffered most among the young, the less-educated, the poor and, perhaps most interestingly, among liberals.
* Obama won women in 2012 by 11 points, according to exit polls; today he leads by one point.
* He has seen his lead among young voters (18-39 years old) drop from 18 percent to 2 percent.
* His four-point lead among those with less than a college degree has flipped to a nine-point deficit.
* Among those making less than $50,000, Obama’s 22-point lead is now three points.
* Among liberals, Obama won by 75 points but now leads by 59 percent. One in five self-described liberals (20 percent) say they would vote for Romney.
* The biggest drop is among those professing to have no religion. While this group backed Obama by 44 points, it now supports him by a 22-point margin.
They really lost their religion now.
Unfortunately there’s no breakdown for Hispanics, who seem to have turned on Obama. There’s just white and non-white categories. Still 30 percent in the non-white category think that Obama lied. Most of those are probably Hispanic.
The majority of those polled rate themselves as independent. And that 49-45 split is only among registered voters. Among all those polled, it’s about even.
But most dangerously from the Dem perspective, since their entire campaign strategy is “X Cares About People Like You” is this number
Q: Please tell me whether the following statement applies to Obama, or not: He understands the problems of people like you?
This is the truly terrifying number for liberals. Because this is what they’ve been winning on.
The vast majority of Dems still believe. Independents don’t by 57 to 40. Non-whites believe by 67 to 32. Women don’t believe 50 to 48. No age demographic believes. Though the young crowd is close.
HS or less don’t believe 52 to 46. Post-grads believe 59 to 39. No income group believes. The West and the Northeast believe. The South and Midwest do not.
With numbers like these, Mitt Romney could have won. So could any Republican.