- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -
“We Are Not a Deadbeat Nation”, Obama Says, Then Misses Deadline for Sending Budget to Congress
Posted By Daniel Greenfield On January 14, 2013 @ 5:11 pm In The Point | 10 Comments
But don’t call the man, lazy. According to Colin Powell, that’s incredibly racist.
“The issue here is whether or not America pays its bills,” Obama said at a press conference on Monday, the last of his first term in office. “We are not a deadbeat nation.”
There are so many things wrong with that…
1. In 2006, Obama said that raising the debt limit was “a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies”.
Now failing to raise the debt limit and not pay the bills using financial assistance from foreign governments to finance his reckless fiscal policies is a sign that America can’t pay its own bills. By which he means his bills.
2. When you run up this high a debt, then you are a deadbeat. Turning the national numbers into a family income, Obama’s spending spree is the equivalent of a family with a $21,700 annual income running up $16,500 in new debt to be added to $142,710 in existing credit card debt.
If that’s not the definition of a deadbeat, I don’t know what is.
3. It’s not America’s debt. It’s America’s debt the way that it’s your debt when the bellboy runs up illegal charges on your credit card. And here the bellboy is accusing the hotel of being deadbeats unless they let him run up a lot more charges on the country’s credit card.
4. Obama isn’t proposing that America pay the bills, but that it borrow even more money that he doesn’t intend to pay back either. The bills are being paid by taxpayers. This isn’t bill paying, it’s debt raising.
But Obama assures that he will be happy to take control of the purse strings and shred the Constitution some more.
“If the House and the Senate wants to give me the authority so they don’t have to take these tough votes… I’m happy to take it,” he said. But, Obama added: “There are no magic tricks here, no loopholes. There’s no easy way out.”
That’s actually really hilarious coming from a guy who is just printing money at this point and whose economic adviser proposed minting a trillion dollar coin.
But Obama is no believer in magic tricks and shortcuts. He just believes we have to raise the debt limit, borrow more money and then never pay it back… like a responsible adult.
And like a responsible adult, Obama will be missing a budget deadline because not being a deadbeat, means pretending not to be one on camera in front of your press corps. It doesn’t mean actual responsibility.
The White House has informed House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) that it will miss the legal deadline for sending a budget to Congress.
Acting Budget Director Jeff Zients told Ryan (R-Wis.) late Friday that the budget will not be delivered by Feb. 4, as required by law, a House aide said.
“Zients did not indicate how late the administration will delay its submission, simply noting ‘We will submit it to Congress as soon as possible,’ ” the aide said.
Maybe BO ate the budget. And I don’t mean the dog.
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/we-are-not-a-deadbeat-nation-obama-says-then-misses-deadline-for-sending-budget-to-congress/
Copyright © 2009 FrontPage Magazine. All rights reserved.