- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -
What Obama Compelling Israel to Apologize to Turkey has Accomplished
Posted By Daniel Greenfield On March 23, 2013 @ 10:32 pm In The Point | 17 Comments
By forcing Netanyahu to apologize for an aggressive by an Islamist state, Obama has “accomplished” a number of things…
1. Obama legitimized Turkey’s Ottoman Empire aspirations. The compromise embeds Turkey into Gaza, which puts the former empire into Israel’s back yard and usurps even Egypt.
The terrible White House foreign policy has already ceded sections of the world to international aggressors. This latest move allows a dangerous Islamist regime to step into the power vacuum created by the United States with the endorsement of the White House.
2. It gives Hamas a major victory by lowering restrictions on it and rewarding its Islamist ally’s intervention on its behalf. Obama has not only rewarded a state sponsor of terror, but forced Israel to acknowledge Turkey’s right to sponsor and support Hamas.
3. Obama has further destabilized the Middle East by rewarding Hamas and inflating an already swollen Turkish ego which encourages its support for terrorists in Syria and beyond.
Turkey faced no criticism from the White House for its continuing occupation and settlement of Cyprus, its threats of ethnic cleansing aimed at Christian Armenians or its support for terrorists in Syria.
The message is that Turkey can do what it likes with the support of Obama Inc.
4. Obama undermined Israel’s right to protect itself from Hamas incursions and will encourage copycat operations from Turkey. The raid on the Mavi Marmara established the principle that Israel has the right to protect itself from incursions intended to support Hamas. Obama has forced Netanyahu to reverse that position.
Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com
URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/what-obama-compelling-israel-to-apologize-to-turkey-has-accomplished/
Copyright © 2009 FrontPage Magazine. All rights reserved.