To no one’s surprise the entire Turkish government has been caught with its hand in the country’s pocket. And even less surprising, the Erdogan regime is blaming absolutely everyone and everything except themselves.
1. The United States – this is an easy one. Turkey is xenophobic and the AKP’s base tends to be hard core Islamic and really loathes America. Not that anyone in Turkey really likes America. The strategy worked in Egypt, so perversely Morsi’s biggest ally is now using it.
2. Israel – This one is barely worth mentioning. If a stray pigeon flies across the border, it’s probably an Israeli spy.
3. The interest rate lobby – Some combination of a vast Jewish conspiracy, America and everyone who has a big chunk of the huge debt that Erdogan ran up funding his “economic miracle”.
4. Telekinesis - Erdogan’s chief adviser blamed telekinetic assassins. Possibly Zionist telekinetic assassins.
5. The Deep State- With most of the Turkish military in prison, this should have been a bit passe, but European leftists go wild for it. Tell them the Deep State is behind it and they’ll give Erdogan their unlimited backing.
6. The Gulen Movement – The Gulen movement is actually behind it, but everyone inside Turkey is being careful about not blaming them too loudly. That’s smart considering the sheer amount of blackmail material they have on everyone. Enough perhaps to finish bringing down Erdogan.
7. The police – The cops clearly are to blame. That’s why Erdogan is purging them and banning the media from police stations.
8. Alcoholics – This one plays well with Erdogan’s base. The non-drunk part. Erdogan was pushing to sideline liquor in Turkey. Now the drinkers have struck back.
9. Mysterious foreign powers – They’re powerful, mysterious and deliberately vague. How you can go wrong with that?
10. A vast Ameri-Zionist conspiracy of telekinetic interest lobbies run by the Deep State and the alcoholic police – That’s the one Erdogan will eventually go with.