I‘m sure this won’t backfire on us just like the time we freed the Al Qaeda terrorist behind the Benghazi attack and all the other Al Qaeda terrorists who went from Gitmo right back to their terrorist roots.
“The Al Qaeda terrorist — Osama Bin Laden’s bodyguard — determined to be ‘too dangerous to be released’ from Guantanamo just a few years ago will be freed from the military prison because President Obama’s new parole board found that no longer poses a ‘significant threat to the United States,’” said officials from the watchdog group Judicial Watch on Friday.
This latest release is being approved despite news reports by Fox News Channel’s Catherine Herridge that revealed a former Guantanamo detainee, Sufian bin Qumu, actively participated in the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Libya as a chief of Ansar al-Sharia, an al-Qaeda-affiliate.
According to Herridge’s reporting, “Bin Qumu was released from the prison at the U.S. naval base in Cuba despite having historic ties to the Al Qaeda network and training at bin Laden’s Torkham camp, according to information obtained from his Gitmo file.”
“That information makes this week’s news that bin Laden’s former bodyguard, Mahmud Abd Al Aziz Al Mujahid, will soon be free, all the more outrageous,” noted Judicial Watch officials.
In 2010, President Obama’s own task force claimed that Mujahid was still too dangerous to release from his incarceration. That task force recommended he be put on a special “forever prisoner” list of 48 indefinite detainees. His Pentagon file says he’s a high risk likely to pose a threat to the U.S., its interests and allies and that he is of high intelligence value.
If Osama bin Laden had been taken alive and put on trial, as Obama wanted, the PRB would have him up for release too in no time at all.