David Kilpatrick bizarrely tried to revive long discredited claims and the New York Times even more bizarrely let him to do it. These are claims that even no one in Obama Inc. is seriously putting forward anymore.
Shortly after Kilpatrick’s story ran, the State Department took action against Al Qaeda affiliated groups responsible for the Benghazi attacks. The YouTube video claim doesn’t get heard anymore. The New York Times couldn’t have picked a worse time to run its hoax.
The chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee said that key conclusions of a recent New York Times investigation into the 2012 Benghazi attack are wrong.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) rejected the Times’s conclusion that al Qaeda wasn’t responsible for the attack that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans. She also took issue with the notion that the Libya strike was sparked by a U.S.-made anti-Islam video online.
“I believe that groups loosely associated with al Qaeda were” involved in the attack, she told The Hill last week. “That’s my understanding.”
She also disputed the notion that the Sept. 11, 2012, assault evolved from a protest against the video, which was widely disseminated by Islamic clerics shortly before the attack.
“It doesn’t jibe with me,” she said.
Obviously. It never made any sense that a heavy organized attack that was part of a series of timed attacks around the Middle East was momentarily thrown together over a YouTube video.