Paving the road to hell, with intentions good and bad.
To order the Freedom Center's pamphlet "Government Versus The People," click here.
The policies of the socialist Left, under the banners of “social justice,” “equality,” and “compassion,” have inflicted catastrophe in many forms—poverty, moral decline, criminality, violence, illness, and death—upon countless millions of people in the U.S. and around the world. The programs and policies that led to these disastrous outcomes were often promoted by “progressives” as expressions of high-minded “liberal” idealism that promised to improve the living conditions not only of people in great need, but also of those in the so-called middle class.
Leftists unfailingly view their own prescriptions for all manner of social ills—e.g., racism, sexism, homophobia, intolerance, greed, alienation—as solutions uniquely rooted in enlightenment and decency. (By contrast, they portray conservative social policy as the outgrowth of selfishness, greed and mean-spiritedness.) But the solutions they have advanced in the form of social and ideological crusades—often prosecuted with messianic zeal—have actually brought immense, needless suffering to the very same “victims” in whose names they have acted.
To explore this theme in great depth, DiscoverTheNetworks has created a new special feature titled “The Left's War on Minorities, the Poor, & Working Americans.” Specifically, it demonstrates:
• how a host of leftist attitudes and public policies have inflicted incalculable harm on America's black community;
• how the welfare state in particular has devastated African Americans, miring them in decade upon decade of family breakdown, poverty, and criminal victimization;
• how the housing crisis of 2008, which was a direct result of left-wing government policies that forced lending institutions to abandon the common-sense practices they had traditionally employed, plundered the wealth of nonwhites and wiped out literally decades of economic progress they had made;
• how the public education system, dominated by leftist ideology and unfailingly supportive of the Democratic Party, has consigned generations of blacks and Hispanics to academic failure and, consequently, to lives of poverty and underachievement;
• how left-wing law-enforcement policies in Democrat-controlled black and Hispanic population centers have needlessly sent millions of minorities to early graves;
• the massive costs—in terms of dollars and cents—that the ever-expanding welfare state imposes on all American taxpayers;
• how the radical gay Left's refusal to accept traditional public-health practices needlessly caused hundreds of thousands of homosexuals to die of AIDS;
• the ill-advised tax-and-spend policies that plunged the state of California into economic ruin; and
• the fiscal irresponsibility that led directly to Illinois' economic demise.
To explore these topics in depth, visit DiscoverTheNetworks' new special feature by clicking here.
Freedom Center pamphlets now available on Kindle: Click here.