Palestinian Arab Ambassador Killed in Mysterious Explosion also had Weapons Cache

The discovered arsenal was enough to arm a unit of 10 men.


Why would the representative of a terrorist group have a weapons cache and bombs? It's a mystery alright. Can you solve this inexplicable conundrum?

 The Czech Foreign Ministry expressed concern Thursday over the discovery of a large, illegal weapons stockpile at the home of the Palestinian ambassador in Prague, Jamel al-Jamal, a day after he was killed in an explosion there.

That was a supposedly accidental explosion caused by a bomb in a safe.

A ministry statement said that the findings possibly constitute a breach of diplomatic rules, and warrant a clarification from Palestinian officials, Reuters reported.

Here's the clarification. Palestinian officials are representatives of a terrorist group. Terrorists stockpile weapons and then kill people with them.

Respekt, a Czech weekly newspaper, reported that the discovered arsenal was enough to arm a unit of 10 men.

Czech police spokeswoman Andrea Zoulova confirmed that arms had been found in the ambassador’s residence, which is located within a newly constructed Palestinian diplomatic mission in the city.

The stockpile included heavy firearms being held illegally, unbeknownst to Czech authorities, according to a Channel 2 news report.

But don't worry, there's a perfectly good explanation...

Reuters quoted an unnamed Palestinian official claiming that the mission’s staff had submitted the weapons to Czech authorities. He said they had been retrieved from an old sack, untouched since the era of the Cold War

So first the Palestinian Muslim ambassador who just happens to be a member of a terrorist group gets blown up by a Cold War bomb in a safe. Then cops discover a whole bunch of Cold War weapons in their embassy.

These folks just have the worst luck. Why does the Cold War keep picking on them?

Palestinian Authority Foreign Minister Riad Malki said no foul play was suspected, and claimed that the safe had been left untouched for more than 20 years.

Later, however, El-Fahel told Czech radio that the safe had been in regular use. ”[The safe] was used on a daily basis at the embassy and it was opened and closed almost every day,” the embassy spokesman said.

The safe was recently moved from the old embassy building, Malki had claimed, adding that it had come from a building that used to house the Palestinian Liberation Organization’s offices in the 1980s. “The ambassador decided to open it. After he opened it, apparently something happened inside (the safe) and went off,” Malki said.

The ambassador’s daughter, 30-year-old Rana Al-Jamal, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Ramallah in the West Bank that she thought foul play was involved.

“The Palestinian official account is baseless. The safe box has been in regular use — my mom (who lives there) told me that. The box was moved a day earlier and apparently something happened in the way,” she said.

So many contradictory stories. So little time.