Mass Muslim Mob Attack on Jewish Village on Sabbath

“Children in the village are crying,” community spokesman Aharon Katzuf told Tatzpit. “They can’t sleep because of the screams of ‘Slaughter the Jews' and ‘Allahu Akbar.’”

These are the kinds of scenes that date back to the Palestine Mandate era of mobs attacking Jewish areas with clubs and knives in hand. It is a very bad piece of news that the mass pogrom is being revived in Israel. (via Religion of Peace)

Esh Kodesh or Sacred Fire is a small Jewish village whose residents have vineyards and herd goats. With the traditional Muslim respect for other people's religions, it appears to have come under attack over the Sabbath.

The men were attacked by a large Arab mob armed with clubs and sticks, residents said. The attackers apparently came from the nearby PA town of Kotzra.

A security team from Esh Kodesh was called to the scene, as were nearby IDF units. The responders encountered hundreds of PA men armed with rocks and other makeshift weapons, and were unable to stop the assault.

“Children in the village are crying,” community spokesman Aharon Katzuf told Tatzpit. “They can’t sleep because of the screams of ‘Yitbach al Yahud’ [Slaughter the Jews – ed.] and ‘Allahu Akbar.’”

The village was actually named after a terrorist victim, Esh Kodesh Gilmore, pictured above, using a literal translation of his name. Here is his story.

Esh Kodesh Gilmore was just 25, working as a security guard at an Israeli Social Security office serving the interests of Arabs in East Jerusalem. The terrorist who walked into the lobby and aimed a gun at Esh Kodesh's head didn't care -- he was aiming to kill a Jew, any Jew.

Meanwhile, 18-year-old Zahava Alexander followed her dreams to Israel. Coming from a traditional family in Elizabeth, New Jersey, the resolute Zahava made a "conscious decision to keep Shabbat" while still in fourth grade. After a year at Bar Ilan University, Zahava too moved to Jerusalem.

The Gilmores knew that dreams have to be actualized by hard work and diligence. They planted avocado and apricot trees, grew wheat, and invested their savings in a herd of sheep for milking. They worked 15-hour days, and were blessed with five more children: Malkitzedek, Tiferet, Heftzibah, Eliana, and Dror Golan.

Esh Kodesh was the first child of Meor Modiin to join an elite combat unit of the Israeli army. He was a fervent Zionist, believing that Jews were entitled to resettle the land that God gave them. For him, the army was an opportunity to give and to serve.

The bonds of love which Esh Kodesh forged with his fellow soldiers endured. After his murder, his unit virtually took responsibility for his wife and orphaned child. Two or three of them visit almost every day, taking their friend's widow food shopping or to the doctor. When the baby fell ill, they called constantly, asking solicitously, "Is she drinking? Did you take her temperature?"

Esh Kodesh had learned from his parents that dreams must be built on a foundation of hard work. To provide for his budding family, Esh Kodesh enrolled in a computer-programming course four nights a week, from 5-10 PM. From 7 AM till 4 PM every day he worked as a security guard in a Social Security office.

Esh Kodesh would often tell Inbal: "If something happens to me, don't fall apart. You have to take care of yourself. You come first."

When Esh Kodesh was assigned to the Social Security branch in the Arab neighborhood of East Jerusalem, Inbal was scared. The security in the office was pitiful: no cameras, no intercom, no metal detectors. Although the office operates exclusively for the benefit of the local Arabs, dispensing child benefits (every Arab family in Israel receives a monthly child allowance) and disability payments, the mostly Arab staff had received death threats because they work for the Israeli government. One Arab worker's car was set ablaze.

When Inbal would appeal to her husband to refuse to work there, Esh Kodesh would answer: "We're here for the Arab population. Without us, it would be difficult for thousands of Arabs who receive benefits from our office. They're not going to hurt us, because they need us."

On October 30, 2000, Esh Kodesh was assigned to the second floor of the social security office. But one of the two guards at the entrance asked him to cover for him for just 10 minutes while he made a phone call. Esh Kodesh was always good for a favor.

At noon, an Arab man walked into the entrance, pulled out a pistol and shot Esh Kodesh in the head. The strong body fell limp. The assailant fired another bullet into his back. Emptying his gun on the other guard on duty (who survived with the loss of one eye), the terrorist fled.