Hezbollah Terrorist in Torture, Murder of Navy Diver Caught

This story is an important reminder to the Iran appeasers on the Left and the Right of just what the Islamic terror state has done to us.

Mohammed Ali Hammadi should never have been on the loose. But the Germans traded him in a dirty deal. He's been on the loose for over a decade.

And we've been trying to get him back ever since.

Here's the wanted notice for the Hezbollah terrorist. (Hezbollah is a Shiite terror group backed by Iran.)

Mohammed Ali Hamadei was indicted for his role in planning and participating in the June 14, 1985 hijacking of TWA Flight 847. This hijacking resulted in the assault of various passengers and crew members, and the murder of Petty Officer Robert D. Stethem, United States Navy.

Calling it a murder is an understatement.

During the hijacking, Stethem and other U.S. military personnel were singled out for punishment as the flight flew back and forth to various airports. Stethem was tied up with elastic baggage straps and beaten a number of times. The straps were so tight that at one point, he cried out. Besides using their fists and feet, the hijackers beat Stethem with an armrest torn from a seat with sharp metal screws on the outside. When he collapsed, nearly unconscious, one of the hijackers jumped up and down on his ribs. After the first beating, Stethem, barely able to walk, was helped back to the coach section with several broken ribs and one hand completely numb. He had to be fed by another passenger.

In the evening, the Hezbollah hijackers brought Stethem back to the front of the airplane for another beating. He was again bound and blindfolded. Sometime after 2:30 a.m. in Beirut, the hijackers shot Robert Stethem—the bullet piercing his head behind the right ear and exiting on the other side of his head. One fellow passenger stated that “there were terrible blood-curdling screams … it was a long scream … I heard this three times, and I’ll never forget it.” The hijackers then tossed Stethem, still moaning, out the door and down onto the runway, where he lived in pain for another 10 minutes.

When the Germans caught him, Hezbollah was able to intimidate the Germans into refusing our extradition demands. Then eventually the Germans traded him.

Now he's been caught in Greece.

A man wanted in the 1985 hijacking of a Trans World Airlines (TWA) plane in which a U.S. Navy diver was killed during the harrowing 17-day ordeal was arrested by Greek police.

Police said Saturday the suspect, a 65-year-old Lebanese man, was arrested on the island of Mykonos two days ago. His name came up as the subject of a German arrest warrant when he disembarked from a cruise ship, police said, according to Reuters.

Police did not release the suspect's name, but several Greek media outlets named him as Mohammed Ali Hammadi.

President Trump bringing Hammadi to the US for justice, instead of letting the Europeans play footsie with Iran, would make an important statement. We'll see if it actually happens.