Cuomo to Heart Attack Patients: Drop Dead, Stay Dead
The Democrats are turning the Chinese Virus into their 9/11 and they can't wait to wield unlimited power over who lives and dies.
Here's what Cuomo's administration is up to between his self-serving press conferences and CNN appearances.
New York state just issued a drastic new guideline urging emergency services workers not to bother trying to revive anyone without a pulse when they get to a scene, amid an overload of coronavirus patients.
While paramedics were previously told to spend up to 20 minutes trying to revive people found in cardiac arrest, the change is “necessary during the COVID-19 response to protect the health and safety of EMS providers by limiting their exposure, conserve resources, and ensure optimal use of equipment to save the greatest number of lives,’’ according to a state Health Department memo issued last week.
First responders were outraged over the move.
“They’re not giving people a second chance to live anymore,’’ Oren Barzilay, head of the city union whose members include uniformed EMTs and paramedics, fumed of state officials.
“Our job is to bring patients back to life. This guideline takes that away from us,” he said.
Earlier this month, the Regional Emergency Services Council of New York, which oversees the city’s ambulance service, issued a new guideline that said cardiac-arrest patients whose hearts can’t be restarted at the scene should no longer be taken to the hospital for further life-saving attempts.
If you've had a heart attack, die and stay dead.
After all the attention, they're partially pulling back from the mandatory euthanasia guidelines.
State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker “rescinded” the “do-not-resuscitate” order put out by his Bureau of Emergency Medical Service on Wednesday — just hours after The Post exclusively reported on it.
“This guidance, proposed by physician leaders of the EMS Regional Medical Control Systems and the State Advisory Council — in accordance with American Heart Association guidance and based on standards recommended by the American College of Emergency Physicians and adopted in multiple other states — was issued April 17, 2020 at the recommendation of the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services, and reflected nationally recognized minimum standards,” the Health Department said in a statement.
“However,” it added, “they don’t reflect New York’s standards and for that reason DOH Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker has ordered them to be rescinded.”
"It was a bunch of other guys that did it. Not us. We're not responsible. Also we don't stand behind it anymore. But wait a week and we'll sneak it back in anyway."