While not every single Muslim terrorist has raised red flags, the vast majority of them have. That includes the Pulse mass killer and it includes the Fargo Muslim terrorist who had some very ambitious plans.
Mohamad Barakat packed three long guns, four handguns and a vest with magazines in every pocket, as he drove through Fargo, North Dakota. The Downtown Street fair, which claims over 150,000 visitors, was on its second day and 5 minutes away. It’s unknown which of those locations Mohamad might have been headed to use up his 1,800 rounds of ammo and hand grenade, but he never got there.
The first version of the story that we got claimed that no one knew what the Syrian immigrant’s motive might be and that he hadn’t been flagged for terrorist ties before. Predictably that was not true.
Biden’s U.S. Attorney has been frantically spinning the story.
“In regards to motive, if we had clear evidence of that, we would share it,” North Dakota U.S. Attorney Mac Schneider said.
Schneider declined to say if Barakat was on the FBI’s radar. He also declined to discuss the guardian report.
“Information that we have from our federal partners says he was not on the terrorist watch list, but there was this Guardian report,” Wrigley said. “I’m not going to say much about it except it is not, we are told, about a threat of violence or an act of this nature or anything along these lines.”
Inforum, which has done a great job of staying on this story has found the Guardian report.
An anonymous tip that was received in July 2021 to the FBI’s National Threat Operations Center expressed concern about Mohamad Barakat’s mental state, his access to a significant number of firearms and his use of threatening language, the FBI said in response to The Forum’s request for information about a Guardian Report mentioned by law enforcement officials.
“However, the caller did not provide details about any specific threats made by Barakat and did not say he had violated any laws. Upon receiving the tip, FBI Minneapolis forwarded the matter to the Fargo Police Department,” the FBI said in an email.
Fargo police initiated three separate visits over a period of two weeks at the residence of Barakat; no contact was made during the first and second visits, but detectives did make contact on the third visit, the FBI said.
“During this visit, detectives observed Barakat had several firearms in the apartment; however, none of them were illegal. Barakat was not prohibited from acquiring or possessing guns. Detectives conducted an interview with Barakat regarding a tip that had been received, during which time he denied any ill-intentions,” the agency told The Forum.
So an officer is dead and hundreds might have been killed because the FBI got a tip about a Syrian named Mohamad stockpiling weapons and plotting an attack, and they told the local cops to handle it.
“As there was no evidence of any ongoing illegal activities or indications of an imminent threat, it was determined that no further action could be taken,” the FBI said in its response to The Forum’s request.
The Fargo Police Department earlier declined an open records request for any incident reports that mentioned Barakat. That includes police reports filed before the shooting because the BCI and FBI requested them, said Jean Syverson, records office manager for the Fargo Police Department.
“Until their case is closed or inactive, the information you requested cannot be released,” she said.
A week after the ambush shooting, North Dakota Attorney General Drew Wrigley acknowledged the existence of a Guardian Report on Barakat, 37, who came from his native Syria to the U.S. in 2012 after being granted asylum.
He said after the July 14 shooting, the FBI seemed interested in Barakat right away and state and local law enforcement were glad to receive the agency’s help.
“But we were wondering, what aren’t they telling us?” Wrigley said during a follow-up interview with The Forum.
Now we know some of it and we know why the FBI is tying up the information so no one can see it.