Governor Newsom has been panicking over his recall poll numbers. Every Democrat news program has been showcasing his sudden turnabout on the junkie vagrant situation complete with a photo op of Newsom pretending to clean up a tent city in Berkeley.
Gov. Gavin Newsom will not block the release of a killer who served four decades in prison for the murder of a developmentally disabled Clovis man he buried alive, officials said Monday.
Newsom took no action last Friday on the state parole board’s latest decision to grant parole to David Weidert, meaning that the 58-year-old is now eligible for release.
Not a huge surprise from a guy whose dad spent his sunset years lobbying for the Chowchilla monsters who buried a bus of schoolchildren underground while trying to obtain a ransom.
Morganti’s sister, Vikki Van Duyne, said she was stunned and distraught after attending 11 parole hearings over the years to oppose Weidert’s release.
There’s nothing Newsom won’t do.
Weidert and a 16-year-old accomplice then lured Morganti into a car and took him to an isolated place and forced him to dig his own grave. They beat him with a baseball bat and a shovel, stabbed him with a knife and choked him with a telephone wire.
Morganti eventually suffocated after he was buried alive.
California Democrats. They’ll beat you for 40 minutes before burying you alive over $500 bucks.
Newsom, a Democrat, faces a recall election on September 14, and some of his Republican opponents have criticized his emphasis on prisoner rehabilitation amid a 31% increase in homicides in California last year during the coronavirus pandemic.
One of them, businessman John Cox, said the decision “sickens me” and that Weidert“should never see the light of day again.”
Republican Assemblyman Jim Patterson, who has lobbied against Weidert’s release for years, accused Newsom of siding with criminals: “The man who tortured and murdered a mentally disabled young man goes free while his family is forced to relive the horror.”
That’s the Newsom way.