What if the anti-natalists, the environmental hysterics and the global warming freaks want us all dead? Increasingly, it looks that way.
Last week, Tracy-Stone Manning was confirmed as Director of the Bureau of Land Management on a straight party line vote. Every Senate Democrat – including “moderates” like Manchin and Sinema – voted to put Ms. I-Talk-to-the-Trees in charge of 65 million acres of federal forests.
President Barely Conscious called her “extremely well-qualified.” And what qualifications they are! In the 1990s, Stone-Manning almost went to prison for her involvement with Earth First’s tree-spiking project, which could have ended up maiming a lot of loggers.
Times change, Stone-Manning hasn’t.
In 2020, she recommended a commentary by her husband suggesting that houses near a forest fire should be allowed to burn. (They have no business being that close to the sacred oaks and esteemed elms.) She actually managed to find someone crazier than herself to sleep with.
As you might expect, the Director is also anti-child. In her graduate thesis, S-M referred to children as “an environmental hazard.” For the sake of the planet, Americans need to “breed fewer consuming humans,” said she. She included a picture of a child in a field with the caption, “Can you find the environmental hazard in this photo?” Charming.
Among neo-Malthusians, the clamor is growing.
- Perennial pest Bill Maher sneers, “I can’t think of a better gift to our planet than pumping out fewer humans to destroy it.”
- The New Yorker ran an article titled, “The Case for Not Being Born.” The New York Times returned the serve with “Would Human Extinction Be a Tragedy?” Not if it’s confined to the subspecies that inhabits the mainstream media.
- On April 25, the British edition of Vogue published an article that asked rhetorically, “Is Having a Baby in 2021 Pure Environmental Vandalism?”
- As you would expect, Ocasio-Cortez is the leading anti-natalist voice in the Swamp. In 2019, the Neiman-Marxist told her Instagram followers, since “It is basically a scientific consensus that the lives of our children are going to be very difficult…it does lead young people to have a legitimate question: Is it okay to still have children?”
- Since socialists always combine such speculation with action, many favor a tax on procreation – as if they haven’t already made having children hard enough.
- CNN found a silver lining in the COVID contagion, with a story that mused: “There’s an unlikely beneficiary of coronavirus: The planet.” Think how much we owe to the 1917-1918 Influenza epidemic, which killed more people than World War I.
The literal dead end of this deep misogyny is the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. The founder of the group told the UK Daily Mail that there has been a “groundswell of articles about human extinction.” From January to May, more than 2,000 people “liked’ their Facebook page.
They may get their wish sooner than they can possibly imagine, and without lifting a finger.
In the past 70 years, the worldwide fertility rate (the number of children the average woman will have in her lifetime) was cut almost in half – going from 4.7 in 1950 to 2.4 in 2021. In the United States in the same period, fertility went from 3.5 to 1.77.
China’s fertility will never recover from the brutal One Child per family policy of the early 1980s. This not only crushed its birth rate, but skewed the ratio of boys to girls (currently 120 to every 100).
When it saw the results, the regime tried desperately to slam on the brakes and put the car in reverse. The One Child Policy became a Two Child Policy, then a Three Child Policy. Now, Beijing has announced unspecified restrictions on non-health related abortions.
This all comes too late. China could lose almost half its population by the end of the century.A country that now has 1.3 billion will have to get by with 732 million. For workers aged 20 to 24, it’s even worse. Here, a 64% decline is forecast.
Since 1984, China has built 100,000 miles of superhighway. But who’s going to use it? The PRC had better conquer something quick, while it still has an army.
There are many factors contributing to this worldwide phenomenon, including the decline of marriage, the rise of abortion and contraception, loss of faith and growing urbanization. Thanks to so-called progressives, abortion is now the leading cause of death worldwide.
The Gucci Chicken Little and her confederates have ginned up the propaganda machine. A 2020 study for the journal Climate Change found 60% of respondents ages 27 to 45 were “very” or “extremely concerned about the carbon footprints of procreation.” That’s a swell excuse for people who want to live in perpetual adolescence.
Leftists started by hating their country, then their class, then their race. Now they’ve essentially given up on their species.
Can socialists really be so dense that after 100-plus years of failure (on every continent and in every era), they still expect socialism to work? Maybe that’s no longer the goal.
Perhaps, just perhaps, they are no longer blinded by utopian fantasies. Maybe, for them, breadlines, crop failures, 5-year plans and mass starvation are the goal – the better to kill you with my dear.
Then, not the meek, but the birds and bees, the rocks, flowers and trees, will inherit the earth. Yes, the water will be pristine and the vistas breathtaking. But who will be here to enjoy them?