The Overton Window is real and it’s spectacular.
The Reuters/Ipsos poll asked “How much do you support/oppose each of the following?…Proposals to completely dismantle police departments and give more financial support to address homelessness, mental health, and domestic violence.”
29% of Democrats expressed strong support for dismantling police departments, while another 26% said that they somewhat support it. That’s a total of 55%. Or a distinct majority.
This is the Bernie split among the Democrats again between the utter crazies and the moderate crazies. But the window’s open.
A majority of Democrats are on board with replacing the police with social workers. If you’re a woman whose husband is beating you, or if there’s a gunman on the 38th floor, good luck with that guys.