It’s sad that a 51.2% female city, 29% black and 28% Latino city was so incredibly racist and sexist as to refuse to reelect one of the country’s most inept and obnoxious politicians.
Democratic Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blamed racism and her gender for her landslide defeat in her re-election bid, as Chicagoans weary of the rising crime on her watch celebrated her fall from “political rock star to rock bottom.”
“I’m a black woman in America. Of course,” she replied when asked by a reporter if she had been treated unfairly.
“I am a black woman — let’s not forget,” Lightfoot, 60, told the New Yorker in a piece that ran Saturday. “Certain folks, frankly, don’t support us in leadership roles.”
Certain folks being most of the voters who picked a black man and a Greek man. Apart from 16% of the voters who picked Lightfoot, the other 84% must be racist sexists.
The incredible part of this story is only 12% Of Chicago voters turned out for the election. you would think that this once Great cities polls Would have been overwhelmed with voters .
Maybe there’s something to the “sheep don’t mind being shared “
Daniel Greenfield says
Hard to blame them. Majority of the votes went to Vallas. Hopefully he prevails, but most voters have given up. And it can be hard to blame them.
Daniel Greenfield you are an incel with a small penis
leonard krol says
Most of the 88% of the registered voters are dead. Cook County never removes the names of the dead people. It would be easy, but they refuse to do it.
richard johnston says
The race card: don’t leave home without it if you need a lame excuse for failures best explained by looking in the mirror.
Maybe this dismal failure of a Mayor can write a sequel to Sweet Home Chicago titled “High Crime Chicago.”
The Windy City has unwound.
Steven Brizel says
Lightbrain is a grossly incompetent mayor who happened to be a black female lesbian
I tend to think her identity was more than happenstance. It seems to me there’s a lot of hate in Chicago, and lesbians should no longer be understood as incapable of hate.
Robert McClain says
The mortal enemy of all liars is the Truth. Hold a liar accountable and you will be accused of racism or sexism. Best not to believe liars or even listen to them when they open their mouths.
Beetlejuice bites the dust! Now BJ may have time to school the affirmative action lady on the Supreme Court– Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson– about the baffling definition of a woman. As it keeps reminding us, Beetlejuice is a black woman.
Christopher Riddle says
If Chicagoans are”Racist/Sexist”how did she get elected the First Time????????????
My thoughts exactly! Enough with the darn racist allegations! You got voted in somehow before. So you have no business claiming that bullshit. Just face the facts Lightfoot! Again, this is NOT based on the color of your skin, nor gender you claim, but the content of your character! You lack compassion and character, Just as MLK said! It’s also based on “equality,” NOT’ equity’! Get it! You are one very condescending, and arrogant human being. Your policies were way off, and you allowed Chicago to suffer because of your self-righteous ideologies and plans to suit your own needs for power! Plan and simple, Lightfoot. You truly never deserved the honor of being Chicago’s Mayor.
She always seemed to be a nasty piece of work to me when I saw her on TV talking.
One word: projection.
Following the lead set by Horrid Hillary.
Algorithmic Analyst says
She probably believes it too, that she is the victim. Projecting the blame on others.
Tex the Mockingbird says
Whine whine whine, Cry me a River Rosebud
Andrew Blackadder says
This ”person” who reminds me of a Space Alien has always screamed about demanding to be treated equally as a black lesbian ”woman” and then screams even louder when ”she/her/they/them” is actually treated equally.
I guess the idiots that put this thing in such a high paying Gig in the first place were the same people not treating her equally in the first place.
More people killed in Chicago on a weekend than in Kabul and Iran/Iraq put together…. Think about that…
All those young black racists killing all those other young black racists..
Not a white thug or KKK dude in sight.. Move along folks, nothing to see here..