Here’s a play on the old lawyer joke: How do you know when a Democrat is lying? The choices are: 1. During a campaign, 2. When he’s talking about Trump, 3. When his lips are moving 4. All of the above.
It was Honest Joe’s most memorable line from another week of lackluster campaigning: “Trump lied to the American people,” the old duffer said. Because the president didn’t get hysterical about the Wuhan virus initially – because he tried to reassure the public – he lied!
Admittedly, it was a mistake to tell people to come to San Francisco’s Chinatown when the virus broke out. No, wait, that was House Babbler Nancy Pelosi. At the same time, Democrats condemned Trump for stopping flights from China, interfering with the PRC’s germ-warfare project.
If POTUS had gone before the cameras at his first Coronavirus press conference and run around waving his arms and shouting: “The Black Death is coming. It’s the end of the world,” they’d now accuse him of spreading hysteria. “This is the time for calm deliberation.”
Lying to the American people? – Hmm, like:
- Woodrow Wilson – During campaigns, Democrats lie nonstop. In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson ran for reelection with the slogan: “He kept us out of war.” A month after his second term began, he brought us into the First World War.
- Lyndon Johnson – During the 1964 campaign, LBJ assured voters, “We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing themselves.” By the time he left the presidency in 1969, there were 549,000 American boys in Viet Nam.
- Bill Clinton – One of his biographers described our 42nd president as a compulsive liar, noting that he told big lies when little lies would do and little lies when none were needed. His most memorable whopper was when he insisted that he “did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky.” He’d still be telling that, if not for the appearance of the semen-stained dress, which led to his impeachment (for life, Nancy).
- Barack Obama – Regarding ObamaCare, he assured us: “If you like your doctor, you’re going to be able to keep your doctor” and “If you like your insurance plan. You will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you.” Victims of ObamaCare lost both.
- Hillary Clinton – As Secretary of State, she lied through her teeth about the September 11, 2012 attack on the Benghazi consulate, in which four Americans died, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya. She claimed the assault was spontaneous, and that it was sparked by an Internet video Muslims found offensive. The day after the rampage, she told the Egyptian Prime Minister: “We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest” and that the group responsible for the murders “was affiliated with al Qaeda.” Liar, liar, pants suit on fire.
Vice President Biden isn’t a very good liar, though not for want of trying.
During the 1988 Democratic primary campaign, besides plagiarizing speeches by JFK, RFK, Hubert Humphrey and British Labor Leader Neil Kinnock, Biden lied shamelessly about his background and educational achievements:
He claimed he had a grandfather who was a coal miner. An exhaustive search of his family tree turned up a distant relative who was a mining engineer.
He said that he graduated from college with three degrees. He had a double major.
He claimed he went to law school on a full academic scholarship. It was a half-scholarship based on need.
He said he graduated from Syracuse University Law School in the top half of his class. It was 76th out of 85. Joe was having memory problems even back then.
On the stump in 2019, the Vice President said of his party, “We choose truth over facts.” For the left, facts are inconvenient, while “truth” (reality) is infinitely flexible – e.g., your gender doesn’t have to match your genitalia.
Citizens of the Happy Land of Make Believe, for Democrats lying is a way of life. If there were an Olympic event in lying, they’d all be gold medalists.
Sometimes, their lies really insult our intelligence – for instance, the charge that because Trump initially downplayed the seriousness of the contagion to avoid a panic – just like Pelosi and Cuomo – he’s responsible for 190,000 deaths to date.
Soon, the vice president will provide photographic evidence of Trump’s responsibility for the Chicago Fire, the 1915 Armenian genocide, and the common cold.
Today, Biden assures us he’ll “build back better” by raising taxes and crippling domestic energy production — and that gun confiscation will cure urban crime and his son’s business dealings in the Ukraine and China had nothing to do with Joe’s influence as vice president.
Even Jiminy Cricket couldn’t save this guy.