If you were alive in the 1990s you saw the fight against HIV and AIDS morph from a serious one to a clown show. Why? Because Democrats wanted to “avoid stigmatizing” people not only most at risk, but those most as risk by a longshot. The left didn’t want to point out that promiscuous, unprotected sex between men was the most common and easiest way to get HIV. Few heterosexuals contracted HIV through sex, and those who did could either trace it back to a man engaging in gay sex or an IV drug user. In other words, HIV was not an easy virus to catch. Still, Democrats lied about it. Why? Pretty much the same reason they lie about everything.
By changing the narrative to one that “anyone can get HIV” – something true, but really only technically – Democrats actually downplayed the danger gay men faced from the virus. If anyone can get it there is no reason to take any special precautions or ever really be careful at all.
MTV was inundated with public service announcements feature all the bands of the day insisting HIV was basically out there stalking you. In reality, it wasn’t. While not impossible, the odds of transmission through heterosexual sex were infinitesimal compared to gay sex. Transmission among lesbians was the rarest of all. But you weren’t allowed to say that, you had to live in fear to avoid the “stigma!”
How many people died because Democrats prevented people from speaking the truth?
Now we have the monkeypox outbreak. If you didn’t know any better you swear it was a virus out there stalking everyone, just waiting for its chance to pounce. But the facts tell a different story.
NBC News reported on a study in the New England Journal of Medicine that, “The global monkeypox outbreak is primarily being driven by sex between men, according to the first major peer-reviewed paper to analyze a large set of cases of the virus.”
In fact, 95 percent of cases were traced to back to gay sex, and the other 5 percent featured someone who lied.
OK, I have no basis for that last part, other than a sinking suspicion.
But you can’t say either of those points without being declared a bigot by leftists and libertarians alike. On Fox Business, this truth was denounced as homophobic because the host and the other guests simply didn’t like it. Sorry, but reality is not dependent upon your belief in it.
The idea that some kind of “stigma” would harm gay people is antiquated thinking. It’s a byproduct of the white liberal savior complex – the idea that certain people “need protection” because they simply can’t handle life on their own.
Gay people, like everyone else the left claims domain over protecting, aren’t a fragile group of snowflakes. And if some of them are, tough. If you want people to stop transmitting monkeypox, and people should, you have to be honest about who is most likely to get it.
But progressives are committed to the lie, and when they commit to a lie they are more committed than they are to a marriage.
Monkeypox is a threat to everyone. Two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth does not mean a recession. Joe Biden isn’t a creepy pervert suffering from dementia who profited off his government positions and was a horrible father who raised degenerates. You know, irrefutable facts denied because they are inconvenient to the left.
You can’t really expect much else from people who attempt to deify violent criminals and junkies, to the point of enabling riots that ruin cities, simply to score some cheap political points. Generations of the people Democrats claim domain over the guardianship of have been irrevocably harmed by the “help” Democrats offer, what’s one more go-round?
Democrats didn’t care enough to be honest about HIV when AIDS was a death sentence, why would they give a damn about something that is only extremely painful and temporary?
I’m not gay and am married, so monkeypox isn’t an issue in my life. But I care about human beings and don’t want to see them suffer. Plus, I have a little thing I like to call “affection for the truth.” That makes it impossible to sit by silently as people lie for political gain. As I’ve said before, it means I’d make a horrible Democrat.